Hilbert College received a generous lead gift from West Herr Automotive to support this program. Hilbert's new Buffalo Shuttle Service is open to all members of the Hilbert community including students, faculty, and staff.
Complete details on the new service are available here.
The shuttle service will begin on Hilbert's first day of classes, August 31 and will have daily pick-ups and drop-offs in Buffalo at: University Station, Delavan, Walden/Bailey, and Black Rock.
The shuttle will also include weekend service to shopping destinations near the Hamburg campus, including in the Village of Hamburg, McKinley, and Quaker Crossing retail centers.
"We are extremely grateful for the generosity of West Herr in partnering with us to be able to improve college access for all students," said Hilbert President Michael S. Brophy, "We are committed to providing support to students throughout their time at Hilbert. This new shuttle service will increase involvement in our many on-campus resources and off-campus partnerships."
Earlier in 2020, Hilbert announced an enhanced partnership with Say Yes to Education by offering unlimited Say Yes Scholarships. Through this enhanced partnership, transportation to campus was identified as a significant barrier for prospective students from Buffalo. The commitment from Hilbert to provide transportation to these students aims to eliminate roadblocks and provide more access for deserving students to attend the college of their choice.
This new service will provide:
• Daily (7 days a week) round-trip transportation routes to and from Hilbert College.
• Safe and convenient pick up and drop off locations at designated points in the city of Buffalo.
• Access for suburban students that can get to the pick-up locations in the city.
• Enhanced options for students to participate in athletics, internships, cultural, service learning, and volunteer events and opportunities.
• Expanded access to campus resources such as counseling, career services, and community engagement.