A bush fire hit South Sudan on May 7, killing 33 and leaving over 60 critically ill from burns. The injured are from Korok East County, where many of our South Sudanese parishioners, living in the Buffalo Diocese, come from. These local parishioners have received calls from their family members who are in need of:
· medication and bandages to treat their burns
· money to buy food to take to their loved ones in hospitals
· money to buy tents for those who have lost their homes (and the leaves have burnt off trees, so there is no cover)
Joseph Yak (who helps with many African services for diocesan Masses and is a member of Holy Cross parish) and Fidele Dhan (who is one of the lost boys of Sudan and works with Reach Out 2 Africa and their building of the Koiyom Village Medical Clinic in South Sudan where many of the victims are being treated) are mobilizing help for the victims.
Here are ways you can help:
· Holy Cross Church, in Buffalo, is doing a second collection on Sunday at their Mass: http://holycrossbuffalo.weebly.com/
· Make a donation directly to the Clinic: www.Paypal.me/southsudanclinic or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SouthSudanClinic/